Monday, January 25, 2010

It's A Dog's Life

Day 25/365

This is Maddie. She has a story she would like to tell. But I'm too tired to interpret tonight. I promise I will update this blog tomorrow with Maddie's story. I should have never started watching The Singing Bee.

Okay, so I couldn't go to bed without doing finishing this. Here is Maddie's story as told to me by Maddie:

A couple years ago, I was content with my life. I lived in a nice area. I had my own crate. My human feed me, watered me, and gave me a little exercise. All he wanted in return was for me to produce a couple litters of puppies a year. Not a great life, but not a bad life either.

Did I long for a girl human? Yeah, but I was doing okay. It was hard giving up the puppies, but I knew they were going to good people who needed a puppy to love. And to be honest, they wore me out. All that whining and nursing. Don't get me wrong, I loved them. But I was getting older and my patience was wearing thin. It wasn't as easy to give birth and raise a couple pups all by myself. And their dad was never around.

Then my body started failing on me. It started with smaller litters. Then I started having trouble conceiving. It didn't take a genius to figure out that my days at the kennel were limited. Was I concerned? Of course I was! I had just become content with my life the way it was.

When my human's daughter picked me up, I wasn't sure if I should be excited or scared. I was getting to go for a ride, but what was going to be at the end of the road? I had heard of dogs being dumped. What kind of person does that? How can you dump a poor defenseless dog? Anyway, I wasn't sure what was waiting for me at the end of my journey.

We traveled quite a distance before stopping. I had almost come to the conclusion that I was being dumped when we finally stopped. My human's daughter got me out of the truck and lead me over to some other humans. That's when I met my new human. I didn't know it then. I just saw a round lady with kind eyes. She reminded me of a basset hound; very short and fat.

I wasn't sure what was going on when she took my leash, but she seemed nice so I followed her. She had a little girl human with her. The girl human was easily excited. I tried to stay calm hoping it would help this little human, but her behavior was contagious. I jumped up and gave her kisses because she seemed to like that.

I discovered the round human was called Noney and the little girl human was Lissa. Odd names, but they seemed to fit these humans. Then I got to meet the round human's mate. He was sort of scary at first. I could tell he didn't really want me. But he had kind eyes too. I could tell he loved the round human very much because he tried to be nice to me to make her happy. I decided I would win him over!

It wasn't very hard to fit in with my new humans. Noney loved on me a lot. She fed me and watered me and gave me treats. I had my own crate again, but it was a lot larger and was INSIDE with my new humans and I even got my own pillow.

I knew I had to be the best dog ever, so I made sure I didn't chew on anything even if I really wanted to. I waited until I got outside to potty. But I just knew that I would not get to stay with these great humans. I kept waiting for them to decided I wasn't what they wanted.

But they never did. The man human still complains about my hair. But I know they love me and I'm here to stay.

There is more to Maddie's story. But that's another day.





It's A Dogs Life

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP