Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Disrespect or Patriotic?

I do not have a picture today, but stay tuned. It's coming back soon.

Instead I have a question to pose to you:

Do you consider shirts, caps, scarfs, etc. that are American flag motif patriotic or disrespcetful?

This is not a random question I just pulled out of the blue. I am a member of several Flickr groups. (Flickr is a photo sharing site that also has groups you can join about every topic under the sun.) In one of the groups, a guy ask for critique on some photos of a guy sort of dressed in cowboy attire. Well, he was wearing a hat and a American flag bandana. Several people commented that they didn't like to see the flag disrespected like that. I made a comment that I didn't see how that was disrespect. That many "rodeo" cowboys wear this type of thing all the time as a show of patriotism. And that opened the flood gates.

You can read the entire thread here if you would like: http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/discuss/72157623542873659/

So what do you think? I promise that all opinions are accepted, however I do ask that in defense of your belief you remain calm, rational, and most of all respectful. And please answer the poll above this thread.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP